1.08.2008

Cable Orginazation Redux

I don't know why I had to put Redux into the title, it just sounded good. So the other day I straightened up the ALL the wires behind, beside, underneath, and between our computers. By the way we've got two of them on our living room. I forgot to get a before picture, but trust me, it was bad.
By attaching some peg board to the back of the computer's shelf, I could run cable ties around the cables and hold them in place. I also used cable clamps. The clamps have an adhesive tape that allows them to stick anywhere. The plastic loop that holds everything can open on one side, it's generally best to have that side aimed upwards. Behind this computer are printer cables, speaker cables, monitor cables, router cables, and wireless mouse and keyboard sensors.I set up the pegboard on the side of my computer desk. Here I have the router itself, modem, ethernet wires, internet cables, wireless mouse and keyboard sensor, plus power cables for modem and router.
This is the finished result. Only two cables viewable. Both of them are power cords which attach to the wall, it's a pretty sweet setup, which allows for the dual viewing I posted about last time. Picture #14.

No comments:

Post a Comment