7.04.2008

Happy Fourth of July.

Hope for peace.

Hope for pride and honor.

Hope for yourself.

Hope for your neighbor.

Hope for change.

Photo and poem by Piper H in flickr. Better view here.
I love this Holiday. Sometimes (frequently acctually) it shocks me how little it means to other Americans. My husband for instance, his family grew up only occasionally celebrating. He is very patriotic, but his family just doesn't a high emphasis on this day. I on the other hand, grew up just about revering this day. My family put a lot of focus on this day, and as I grew up, on my own, each year my mind turns to those who served and died for our country. To they original ones who fought in the revolution, and I think of how enough thanks can not be given. Our country is completly FREE. I don't know if it has to do with how close I am to citenzenship coming into my family. On one side, it was just 1 generation ago (my ma). On the other side, it was 3 generations ago (my dad's grand mother- interesting story, I should tell it one day). With the way things are in Mexico, and with visa rules and such changing, if I where on the other side, I'm not sure I'd make it over. I'm very thankful and grateful to be an American.
God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment