11.18.2006

work in progress pt 8

With that Alex opened the door, and stood gaping at the sight before him. Ruth merely stood up and smiled at him. Shawn and Tonya smirked at each other. It had been about a month since Alex and Ruth had seen each other, and this close to the wedding, they had eyes for each other only.
“I’m, battered, bruised, sweaty, hungry and grumpy. And if you don’t move out of the doorway, Alex, I’ll become a few more of the unpleasant dwarfs. Move it Lover-boy!” Tonya trumpeted as she shouldered her way into the cabin. “Ruth I don’t know what you see in him. He’s only good for standing in the way. Which really isn’t a good thing.” Shawn marched in right behind her, following up on her play of being annoyed with Alex. “That’s right Tonya. I, for one, can not understand what the attraction is. I mean the guy is just plain goofy.” He chuckled as he turned to look at Alex.
“Ruth, I’m sorry that we didn’t make it on time. I know we only have a short time here on the isle. Please forgive me?” Pleaded Alex.
“Oh Alex, of course! I should have meet you guys when you got of the ship. I’m the one who’s been working here on and off the past few months. I’m familiar with the area.”
“If I may cut in,” interrupted Shawn, “it was in all honesty, my fault. Remember, it was my idea that Ruth set up a place for us, since she would know the best places to be. Also, I was leading the group, and I took them off the path, which our illustrious ranger has informed me, may not be a good idea at the moment. So if anybody should be begging apologies it should be me. Please,” he knelt down, gazed upwards, folded his hands “oh beautiful Ruth forgive me for being such a klutz and wrecking our first day of vacation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment