11.02.2006

Work in progress pt4, possible title "Journeys"

“There are no heroics in this blood. Just bad mistakes, and wrong doings. You are but a simple farm boy. I can not help you.” With that she sprinkled some gray powder onto the cloth, folded it up, and then began to lift herself from her seat.
“Wait!” cried Arran, “this can’t be all. Surely I am destined for more. All I am asking is that you send me on a quest that will take me away from here. Please, I’m begging you.”
“There is something,” she said as she looked at him through veiled eyes, “but it is not what you think. I can not give you a task that will garner you fame and fortune, but I can send you to one who can. There is one who holds all the wisdom of this world, from before time to beyond the end of time. You must seek Him out. He has a path for you, which he has laid out just for you, but you must choose it! It will not be an easy task, there will be many obstacles, and many foes.”
Arran was stunned. He had never heard of such a man, but he was, after all, a farm boy. He stood contemplating. If indeed he met this man, carried out his task, he could be greater than he had ever imagined. For surely such a one who held all the wisdom of the ages would know he was destined for greatness.
“So where must I go to find him? What is his name?” Demanded Arran.
“I can not tell you anymore. He will layout the signs pointing to him, you need but look.”
“Wait.” Arran called out,” can’t you give me something else?”
“I’m sorry. I can not help you anymore.” she said, almost sorrowfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment